Proven traditional prescription for treating mumps: Indigo Naturalis powder mixed with vinegar into a paste for external application
Time of issue:
Proven traditional prescription for treating mumps:
Indigo Naturalis powder mixed with vinegar into a paste for external application
Indigo Naturalis is the dry pigment in the leaves of Baphicacanthus Rhizome, Indigo feratinctoriaL of Leguminosae family, Isatis indigotica fort and Polygonum polygonatum. It is salty, cold, cool-natured and non-toxic. It owns the same function as Isatidis leaf, like clearing the liver heat, detoxifying and astringing the sore, cooling blood and removing spots. It is widely used in clinic, applicable to the febrile diseases such as fever, macula, sores, swelling and pain, erysipelas, snake and insect bites, infantile convulsions, hematemesis, hemoptysis and other diseases, taken orally or externally.
1. Epistaxis: firstly wash the external blood stains and nasal cavity with normal saline, and carefully look at the site of epistaxis. Spread Indigo Naturalis evenly on the sterile cotton ball, and put it directly into the nasal cavity of the patient for tamponade. Take care to hold your breath when applying the medicine to prevent indigo naturalis from inhaling and causing cough. Take it out after 10 hours. If the effect is not good, use the above method once more, and at the same time, take 30 grams of cabbage root and 3 grams of indigo naturalis into the decoction for oral administration, once in the morning and once in the evening. 3 days is a course of treatment.
2. Epidemic parotitis: mix Indigo Naturalis powder with vinegar into a paste to treat epidemic parotitis. Generally, the pain of local application is significantly reduced after 0 to 30 minutes of application, some of them have their temperature returned to normal within half an hour, and the swelling of parotid gland subsided within 16 to 72 hours.
3. Upper gastrointestinal bleeding: Indigo Naturalis 5-10g, once every 0.5 hour, three times totally. Generally, bleeding stops completely within 2-4 hours.
4. Herpes zoster: Apply proper amount of Indigo Naturalis and egg white to the affected area, 5 to 6 times a day.
5. Hot sores and damp tinea: grind indigo naturalis, cypress chinensis, talcum and gypsum each 40grams into fine powder, and spread appropriate amount on the affected area, or apply with gauze. You can also mix it with vaseline and apply it to the affected area
Back To Previous